Folks over WP7Forum has some how managed to get their hands on upcoming (unreleased) version of Nokia Drive and Nokia Transport apps for Lumia smartphones. They have released few screenshots along with improvements that these two location-based applications will receive in the coming weeks.
New features in the Nokia Drive 3.0 include:
- The application “learns” based on the style of driving
- Time travel and the density of traffic movements are tracked in real time, displaying information on the “live tile”
- Automatic determination of time of day, with the change of colour scheme cards
- Manual adjustment of routes
- Off-line favourite lists with the possibility of fixing tiles on the desktop.
New features in the Nokia Transport 2.0:
- Search for public transport user’s location with respect to
- Displaying a nearby transportation: buses, trains, trams, subways, taxis, marked stops
- Show the route with transfers
- Support Schedule in 87 countries around the world
- Support for fast access to Favorites
- Advanced Search
- Saving query history
- Change the query without a new route
- Faster search and installation of the route
- Optimized application performance
Well, there’s no official words from Nokia on when Lumia owners are getting these updates, but it looks like the update is near.