Spotted few days ago over Navifirm, Nokia has now announced the PR1.1 firmware update for Lumia 920 & 820 users in US and Canada. The update begins to rollout from today and will bring improved performance, imaging capabilities and battery management to the devices, check out the full changelog after break.
Today’s update brings the following enhancements to the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820:
- Enhancements in Messaging
- More efficient and reliable Bluetooth connectivity
- More efficient and reliable start-up sequence
- Enhancements in imaging performance and battery management
- Additional platform updates and enhancements
Nokia is also working with Microsoft and other operators around the world to deliver these updates to other markets in early February 2013.
Here is how you can update your device in US or Canada:
- Make sure your battery is fully charged when you begin the update process
- You will have to be connected to Wi-Fi for the update to initiate
- The entire update process can take up to 30 minutes to complete
- If Wi-Fi is not on prior to checking for updates, select dismiss and turn on Wi-Fi. (If Wi-F is on, this notice will not appear and the phone will begin downloading the update.)
- Phone will download updates and prepare to install.
- Update is ready to install. Select Install.
- Wait as the update installs.
- Update is all done. Select Done.
- Restart your phone.
- In Settings > About, confirm Software Version is now 1232.5951.1249.0001