Posted: February 25, 2013 at 3:23 pm
Along with low-end phones Nokia also announced two new Windows Phone 8 handsets Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 at MWC. Check out the photos, full specs, features and promo video of Nokia’s most affordable Windows Phone 8 smartphone Lumia 520.
Key Features & Specs:
High end innovations made affordable:
- Create breathtaking images with Nokia digital camera lenses; add motion to your pictures with Cinemagraph, create a perfect group shot with Smart Shoot or capture superwide-angled pictures to take in more of the scene.
- The super sensitive 4” touch screen allows you to use the phone even with long finger nails or gloveson.
Get more for less with experiences available only on Lumia:
- With free* global HERE Maps you get information, photos and reviews on top nearby places including walking guidance to your chosen destination.
- Drive to your destinations easily with free* turn-by-turn navigation offered by regional HERE Drive, even when offline.
- HERE Transit provides instant access to the best way across town using public transport, offering a detailed overview of stations and stops, departure and arrival times, and estimations on your walking times.
- With Nokia Music you can stream unlimited music for free*. Tap into the latest tracks or create your own channels based on the artists you love.
A more personal smartphone experience with Windows Phone 8:
- With Windows Phone 8, you can pin playlists, HERE routes, web pages and documents direct to the start screen as Live Tiles and access your favorite content quickly. Select from various apps to be placed as Live Tiles and resize to reflect your personal priorities.
- Microsoft Office is built into your phone, and easily synced with your laptop.
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8
- Networks: WCDMA 900/2100, 850/1900/2100, GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Speed: 3G HSPA+ (21Mbps)
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 8 GB mass memory, support for microSD cards up to 64GB, 7GB free SkyDrive storage
- Display: 4” IPS LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) 16M colors, 2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for fingernail and glove use
- Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon™
- Camera: 5Mpix autofocus, video recording HD 720p 30fps
- Size: 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm* (*volume thickness)
- Weight: 124g
- Connectivity: WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Integrated A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio connector, Micro USB with charging, USB 2.0 High Speed
- Battery: 1430mAh
- Audio: single digital microphone, 3.5mm AV connector, MP3 player
- Colours: Yellow, red, cyan, white and black
- Talk time: up to 9.6 hours (on 3G)
- Standby time: up to 360 hours
Price and Availability:
The Nokia Lumia 520 will comes in five colors, with an estimated starting price of EUR 139, before taxes and subsidies. Roll-out is planned to begin in Q1 2013 in Hong Kong and Vietnam, before expanding broadly in Q2 to markets in Europe, Asia – including China and India – Latin America and Africa. The Nokia Lumia 520 is also planned to roll out in the United States with T-Mobile.