Quick heads-up, BetaLabs team has released a new beta version of Nokia Suite app for Windows PC. The latest beta version 3.8.10 brings lots error corrections, fixes and performance improvements to the client.
You can get the update notification over ‘software update’ icon at ‘Nokia Suite’ or you can manually check for the updates, by just clicking on ‘Software Updates’ button at ‘Tools’ Tab.
New functionality in 3.8 release:
- Numerous error corrections, especially in maps view, messaging view and in backup&restore.
- Fix for calendar sync issue with S40 phones, when phone and PC is located in timezone, where Daylight Saving Time (DST) is applied in winter (for example Australia).
- Several improvements for content migration to Microsoft SkyDrive. We have fixed several issues related to Microsoft SkyDrive migration, this improves overall reliability of migrating data from Symbian, Meego and S40 phones to Microsoft SkyDrive.
- Several fixes for various crashes.
Few comments regarding Nokia Lumia phone PC software:
- Nokia Suite doesn’t support Nokia Lumia phones with Windows Phone operating system. Case will be like this also in future, there’s no plans to support Lumia phones in Nokia Suite.
- For Nokia Lumia phones, which are based on Windows Phone 7.5 or Windows Phone 7.8 operating systems, you can use Microsoft Zune PC software in Windows and Windows Phone app for Mac in Mac.
- For Nokia Lumia phones, which are based on Windows Phone 8 operating system, you can use Windows Phone app for Windows 8 and Windows 8 RT, Windows Phone app for desktop for Windows 8 and Windows 7, Windows Phone app for Mac in Mac.