Posted: January 17, 2013 at 8:23 pm
Following-up US and Canada, Nokia has now officially announced the global release of PR1.1 Portico update for Lumia 920 & Lumia 820 users. The update begins to rollout from today and will continue in a phased manner over the coming weeks and is expected to be complete by mid-March. The latest firmware brings performance enhancements, imaging capabilities and battery management to the devices, check out the full changelog after break.
Today’s update brings the following enhancements to the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820:
- Enhancements in Messaging
- Select all (for mass deletion)
- Text replies to incoming calls
- Internet Explorer improvements
- More efficient and reliable Bluetooth connectivity
- More efficient and reliable start-up sequence
- Enhancements in imaging performance and battery management
- Additional platform updates and enhancements
Here is how you can update your device:
- Make sure your battery is fully charged when you begin the update process
- You will have to be connected to Wi-Fi for the update to initiate
- The entire update process can take up to 30 minutes to complete
- If Wi-Fi is not on prior to checking for updates, select dismiss and turn on Wi-Fi. (If Wi-F is on, this notice will not appear and the phone will begin downloading the update.)
- Phone will download updates and prepare to install.
- Update is ready to install. Select Install.
- Wait as the update installs.
- Update is all done. Select Done.
- Restart your phone.