Posted: January 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm
Portico update rolling out to Nokia Lumia 920 & 820 in Germany, Italy, Russia, UAE and on UK’s EE Network
Looks like that the second wave of Windows Phone 8 Portico update global roll-out has stared with carrier unlocked devices in Italy, Germany, UAE and Russia, along with UK’s Everything Everywhere (EE) network. The Portico update introduces a number of improvements, including SMS call reject, persistent Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot, addresses stability issues and more.
According to statement from Nokia Discussions forum the Portico global roll-out will continue in a phased manner over the coming weeks and is expected to be complete by mid-March. The Update brings the following enhancements to the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820:
- SMS create designs
- Select all the text (to delete it)
- Reject call with SMS
- New Wi-Fi settings (WLAN can be activated when the screen timeout)
- Correct the restart problem.
- Internet Explorer improvements
- Improving Bluetooth connectivity
- More efficient and reliable start-up sequence
- Enhancements in imaging performance
- Enhancements in battery management
- Additional platform updates and improvements
Here is how you can update your device:
- Make sure your battery is fully charged when you begin the update process
- You will have to be connected to Wi-Fi for the update to initiate
- The entire update process can take up to 30 minutes to complete
- If Wi-Fi is not on prior to checking for updates, select dismiss and turn on Wi-Fi. (If Wi-F is on, this notice will not appear and the phone will begin downloading the update.)
- Phone will download updates and prepare to install.
- Update is ready to install. Select Install.
- Wait as the update installs.
- Update is all done. Select Done.
- Restart your phone.
- Check the OS version 8.0.10211.204